Tuesday, May 6, 2008

"Here Comes Another Bubble" Wins a Webby

And the 2008 Webby for Best Viral Video goes to...The Richter Scales for "Here Comes Another Bubble!"

Sure, the deep-voiced guy singing about cocoa dripping from the clouds and institutionalized racism won the popular vote. But when the 550 member Academy is stacked with writers and editors from publications such as The New York Times, Wired, Fast Company, and The Los Angeles Times, the song that packs "flickr, meebo, wikiyou, mahalo, bebo" into one line is going to win.

Haven't seen the video? Here's a link to The Richter Scales webpage.

And here's my original post about how they dealt with the copyright controversy surrounding the original video (I've become a lot less paranoid about embedding video into this blog than I was when I started in January--I just try to use common sense).

No comments:

 
Copyright 2008