Friday, March 28, 2008

Turning it Off: TV and Other Addictions

On January 5, 2008, I decided to stop watching TV and start writing a blog. It hasn't always been easy, and I have my rules of exception, but I'm glad I did it. This is an index of the journey so far.

It's not that I hate TV, it's that I love it too much
Other ways of procrastinating: Why I quit TV
I'm not one of those people: The rules for watching or not watching TV

Rehab
Breakthroughs: The first time I didn't reach for the remote
TV Withdrawl Kicking In:The cravings

The benefits of giving up TV
Fringe Benefits
: What I could gain by giving up TV
Six Weeks Without TV and Loving It: Glad I did it

Things I'll miss about TV
No More Nights on the Couch Together?: Missing the social aspect of watching TV
Taking a Break from all your Worries: The need for escapism

Internet Addiction
Old Habits, New Habits: Uh, oh. How I might become addicted to the internet

No comments:

 
Copyright 2008