Saturday, June 21, 2008

Peabody Awards 2008

Last year, my favorite show, Battlestar Galactica, won a Peabody Award, along side South Park (Creators of that show are also huge fans of BSG). This past Monday, it seems every other show I have ever loved and mentioned on the blog also won: Mad Men, 30 Rock, Project Runway (first reality show to do so), and The Colbert Report.

Here's a clip of the honorees


Of these shows, the only one I really want to watch but cannot is Mad Men, which will kill me when Season 2 comes back next Sunday, June 27. This is the one show that gave me second thoughts about giving up TV. If Season 2 is available on iTunes, I will definitely purchase episodes. Here's chapter 1, 2 and 3 of the pilot, available in full from AMC:





The only winning series this year I haven't seen is Dexter, CBS/Showtime's series starring Michael C. Hall (Six Feet Under) as a serial killing forensic expert who channels his urges into killing other serial killers--I'm sure it's good, but it's not my cup of tea.

No comments:

 
Copyright 2008