Sunday, July 27, 2008

Ryan Higa's Movie Title Revealed, Along With Behind the Scenes Footage

Last month I wrote about Ryan Higa being the most subscribed teen vlogger on YouTube and predicted his movie deal was with Derek Zemrak. Tonight he, and friend Sean Fujiyoshi, posted behind the scenes footage from his film, which we now know is titled Ryan and Sean's Not So Excellent Adventure and it does seem to be with Zemrak's company.


As best as I can tell, the plot may combine familiar elements from his videos (big green ball and friend Tim Enos make an appearance) and possible Scary Movie-type movie parodies (there's a character that looks like Johnny Depp in Sweeney Todd). As for my concerns of about the ladies Zemrak likes to feature in his movies, well, I was half right: there is a scene of Ryan getting rubbed down by a rather top-heavy lady, but Sean is getting rubbed down by Helga Fawntanilla. As best I can tell, they are going for a Harold and Kumar vibe. No word yet on a release date for DVD--I can't imagine this is really going to theaters, despite the ending of this video.

No comments:

 
Copyright 2008