Sunday, September 7, 2008

Yummy Oatmeal Pancakes

It's always a good sign when I'm cooking again--it means I feel relaxed and creative. This morning I wanted to try making oatmeal pancakes. I had a not-so-great version at a local brunch place once--it looked like someone threw a clump of wet oatmeal in pan and fried it up--it was still wet in the middle. It still sounded like a good concept though, and I figured there must be better versions on the net.

I just made the first recipe that popped up on a Google search and it turned out good! It happened I had all six ingredients in my kitchen--oatmeal, eggs, lowfat cottage cheese, and for sweetness, vanilla extract, nutmeg and cinnamon--that's it. I doubled the recipe but I had less than half enough eggs so I used the whole egg rather than just the whites.

Because everything is blended, you won't see any chunks of whole oats or curds--the end result is a chewy, filling pancake actually has more protein than carbs and conforms to the South Beach diet. But I think it's would be good enough to serve to company--it's kind of like a wheaty, sweet omelet. Since it passed the hubby taste-test ("it was good!") I'll probably make it again, maybe with some fruit, and I'll try to take a picture next time.

No comments:

 
Copyright 2008